Phew, what a year 2017 was.
There were many ups, downs and a lot in between but I am very thankful for all of it. Some of the highlights I would like to mention were:
- Business school with Marie Forleo
- An end to my full-time job
- A start on a new adventure as a full-time designer for myself
- Pushed ASBA Creative Studio to focus on restaurants, bakeries, and caterers and set up Designs by Anthea to retain and attract clients for everything else.
- Lots of blogging ?
- The launch of my Etsy store
- Personal, family, and business growth
- New partnerships
One thing I did learn and am continuing to learn is that building a business is one of the best things you could ever do with your career. Every day is a learning opportunity that increases growth as a business owner and a human being. The sucky part of it all is that it takes a huge toll on your body and well being. Sleepless nights, constant worry, spats of crying ( yah.. i’m serious) and with all that taking care of a family affect the body physically and mentally. On the bright side, all of this has given me the strength to keep on going and plan out my work and personal life better. I am therefore pumped up for 2018 and can’t wait to implement new scheduling tools, new policies, new prices and work with more amazing clients.
Peace out 2017. Hello, 2018!